#YouHaveControl On May 22nd, 2015, Freedom in the Air (FITA) and Phab, partners in the 2015 Freedom Fly Scholarship, invited Anna Takken to Elstree Aerodrome (EGTR). Initially making her feel that we needed to discuss aspects of her scholarship application – as there may be ‘issues’. Little did she know, we were going to take her flying, and announce to her that she will be our 2015 PPL scholar.
It made sense to tell someone about learning to fly, in an aeroplane. After a 60 degree steep banked turn, whilst her heart rate was pulsing, FITA’s founder and pilot dropped the news to her, at which point she shed a few tears.
We filmed our day with Anna, and we hope this short clip gives you an insight into the work of FITA and Phab, as well as getting to know a little about Anna
We cannot thank all our supporters enough for making this possible. Dreams can come true. The following is a brief outline of Anna’s timetable during summer 2015, to complete her pilots licence, and, become a commander of an aeroplane:
• CATS Aviation Training will provide the ground school
• Flight Training London will provide the flight training
• Pooleys have provided the student study pack
• Runway HD will provide the navigation app for Apple device once she passes
• Tony Rapson – Head of General Aviation Unit at the Civil Aviation Authority will present her with her wings and PPL licence
Anna is 25 years old, and Read more →